On Saturday June 17th 2017 as part of the 1066 Cycling Festival, We are organising a 50 mile sportive.The event is run in conjunction with British cycling and to enter online you will need to register at British cycling (which is not a bad thing) you certainly DO NOT need to become a member of British cycling to ride the event.
The benefits of running the sportive with B.C. we are able to get insurance for the event.
We also received great support and advice from B.C.on the best way to run the event.
All entrants who enter the event fill in their details with B.C. so we can email map notes and information
On the build up to the event B.C. will email cycling notes to help riders understand the route and sportive etiquette.
And British cycling is working hard to grow grass roots cycling and we are happy to have their support.
Our Sportive was designed by riders from Hastings and St Leonards Cycling club
It is a fairly hilly route that takes in Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey. The best parts of the route are the great countryside views that are around the area. After a long hilly ride you will be glad to know that the route runs downhill from St Leonards to a flat sea side finish at the Stade.
Here is a link to the cycle route [button link=”http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1478699314″] 1066 cycle route [/button]
- 50 mile route taking in Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey.
- Challenging Hills and Beautiful country lanes
- Endorsed by British Cycling.
- Sea side finish
- Part of the 1066 cycling Festival
- Goodie Bags for all entrants
- Water and food stations – with First aid support.
- Cytech Trained Mechanics in support.
- FREE parking for online applicants (worth £8.40)
- £18 Online price (includes parking)
- £25 on the day (no free parking)
- GPX files available
- Fully sign posted and mapped route.
To register to ride please follow this link to British Cycling