HISTORIC HALF HUNDRED
The 1066 Cycling Festival 50 Mile Sportive
On Sunday June 10th 2018 We will be running our Summer Sportive as part of the 1066 Cycling Festival.
This year we have a new route starting and finishing at the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill. The previous route (Handsome Bicycles Half Hundred) was a very challenging ride at 3,823.5ft in 50 miles. This year the route has a little more elevation 3,849.9 ft but more spread out around the course. British cycling have suggested that “its on the difficult end of a Grade 2”1066 Sportive route on Map my ride 1066 Sportive Route on Strava
Once again we are taking online registrations through British cycling but you do not have to sign up to Membership to enter the sportive. You only need to register your details online.Register Here
All entrants who enter the event fill in their details with B.C. so we can email map notes and information
On the build up to the event B.C. will email cycling notes to help riders understand the route and sportive etiquette.
Our Sportive is run in association with the 1066 cycling Festival1066 Cycling Festival Info
As we have secured the ride to run on a Sunday, we will be Starting and Finishing at the iconic De La Warr Pavillion. The route is a challenging 50 mile route that takes in Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey. The best parts of the route are the great countryside views that are around the area.
This year the Festival has been sponsored By TREK / Bontrager and you could win the raffle of a £400 Trek bike or £400 Bontrager Accessories!1066 Raffle Prize Details
- 50 mile route taking in Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey.
- Challenging Hills and Beautiful country lanes
- Endorsed by British Cycling.
- Start and Finish at the De La Warr Pavillion – Bexhill
- Part of the 1066 cycling Festival
- Goodie Bags for all entrants
- Water and food stations – with First aid support.
- Cytech Trained Mechanics in support.
- FREE parking for online applicants (worth £8.40)
- £18 Online price (includes parking)
- £25 on the day (no free parking)
- GPX files available
- Fully sign posted and mapped route.